Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween and a look back....

Ok, so we did the whole trick-or-treating thing last night, with the neighbor kids. Bad blogger that I am, I failed to capture this on film :( Suffice it to say that Echo was a poodle and River was a lion. The older two really wanted the baby to go as this hot dog they saw in Old Navy, but frugality won out and I decided to forego spending another $15 when the baby wouldn't actually be getting out of the sling, anyway.

On another note, I've been perusing old photos hidden away on my laptop, and ran across this - one of only 2 photos I have of Sage's birth (the camera was malfunctioning. Funny, though, that the two shots I have both randomly have me arranged so that nothing graphic is exposed, just my leg. So at least the photos I have don't have to remain filed away in a closet somewhere). I like this one because of Darren's expression, like, "Hey, what's up, we're having a baby here". So mellow. I love it. I'm tellin' ya, Darren was digging the homebirth thing. This was about an hour before he was born, I think. (Although it could easily have been later than that because this scene stayed exactly the same all the way until it was time to push, and then he was born 6 minutes later). Seems like a long time ago, before we had the Sageinator...

No comments: